Historic Lowndes County Courthouse
Client: Lowndes County Board of County Commissioners
Size of Project: 24,661 sq ft
Historic restoration and renovation of the Lowndes County Courthouse was a joint venture effort. The courthouse was originally constructed in 1905 and recorded as one of the most complex courthouse exteriors in the state of Georgia. Our team ultimately preserved, rehabilitated, restored, and renovated this entire facility. This building was originally designed by architect, Frank P. Milburn with an original construction cost of $60,000, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. It is located in Valdosta’s Local Historic District.