Davis Hall (c. 1906)
Client: South Georgia State College
Size of Project: 12,862 sq ft
Allstate renovated this historic building on the main campus of South Georgia State College. Built in 1906, Davis Hall is one of the original buildings on the campus and is a contributing structure within the National Register of Historic Places, Eleventh District A&M Historic District. The building’s prominent campus location and significant historic value required careful consideration to ensure the interior historical elements of the building were addressed in the renovation work. Programming is designed to balance the retention of historic elements with the need to modify the floor plan to be more functional for current classroom needs. The rehabilitation also includes improvements to the building envelope, window systems, HVAC systems, electrical system, plumbing, ADA and life safety systems. Energy efficiency and improved insulation values are being addressed as well. Extensive hazardous material abatement and selective demolition was performed to help inform the design and minimize unforeseen conditions.